Numerous epidemiological studies reveal a strong association between health and doing volunteer work. The reason is not well understood, but the results are clear. If you do volunteer work on a regular basis, you are likely to improve your health. These were well controlled studies that consistently showed that those who volunteer to help other people on a regular basis have better health and wellbeing than those who do no volunteer work.
Video: Altruism Improves Health (part eleven of series)
June 11, 2014 at 9:00 am
- Video: You Are What You Practice
- Video: Meaning and Purpose to Your Life
- Q & A with Dr. B. – You have written about practice being a way of life—something to practice throughout the day. What are the main practices that encompass this way of life?
- Q & A with Dr. B. – Why The Focus On Practices?
- Authenticity, Transparency
- Body Centeredness
- Cancer and the Mind
- Chronic Illness and the Mind
- Gratitude and Well-Being
- In Your Own Hands
- Living by Personal Values
- Meaning and Purpose in Health
- Mindfulness Practice
- Practice is Everything
- Practice Living by Choice
- Q&A Ask Dr. B.
- Self-Efficacy and Self-Mastery
- Social Support and Contributing Member of a Community