How to cultivate the ability to effectively meet the challenges of daily life and to feel in control of our choices. This is the opposite of feeling hopeless/helpless. It is about living with conscious intention. Become the director of your life. This is not about trying to control other people or situations, but rather, it is about accepting responsibility for our actions. Terrible things happen to us in life; mastery is about working with them as challenges rather than as defeats. Learn to approach challenges as exciting opportunities. Mastery is about gaining great satisfaction in meeting daily challenges.
Video: Be the Director of Your Life
October 31, 2012 at 9:00 am
- Video: Ships Are Safe In The Harbor But They Are Built To Sail The World
- Video: The Importance of Being Open and Vulnerable
- Q & A with Dr. B. – You have written about practice being a way of life—something to practice throughout the day. What are the main practices that encompass this way of life?
- Video: The Wisdom of Coach John Wooden
- Q & A with Dr. B. – Why The Focus On Practices?
- Authenticity, Transparency
- Body Centeredness
- Cancer and the Mind
- Chronic Illness and the Mind
- Gratitude and Well-Being
- In Your Own Hands
- Living by Personal Values
- Meaning and Purpose in Health
- Mindfulness Practice
- Practice is Everything
- Practice Living by Choice
- Q&A Ask Dr. B.
- Self-Efficacy and Self-Mastery
- Social Support and Contributing Member of a Community