Mastery & wellbeing refers to a resilient approach to life with self-efficacy. It reduces emotional distress, empowers individuals, creates hope, improves physiological and psychological functioning. People with mastery & wellbeing work harder toward their goals and practice better self-care. This is one reason that the qualities of mastery & wellbeing improve the odds of experiencing improved health outcomes. The other reason is that just having a sense of being in control of your life, in and of itself, is associated with better health outcomes. When undesired events occur, this resilience of people with mastery & wellbeing allows them to bounce back. These undesired events are viewed as challenges rather than defeats, and they welcome challenges. Failed attempts to reach their goals are viewed as learning experiences.
Video: Be the Master of Your Life
November 7, 2012 at 9:00 am
- Video: Meaning and Purpose to Your Life
- Video: Ships Are Safe In The Harbor But They Are Built To Sail The World
- Video: The Importance of Being Open and Vulnerable
- Q & A with Dr. B. – You have written about practice being a way of life—something to practice throughout the day. What are the main practices that encompass this way of life?
- Video: The Wisdom of Coach John Wooden
- Authenticity, Transparency
- Body Centeredness
- Cancer and the Mind
- Chronic Illness and the Mind
- Gratitude and Well-Being
- In Your Own Hands
- Living by Personal Values
- Meaning and Purpose in Health
- Mindfulness Practice
- Practice is Everything
- Practice Living by Choice
- Q&A Ask Dr. B.
- Self-Efficacy and Self-Mastery
- Social Support and Contributing Member of a Community