This discussion is about the importance of mindfulness practice to help us disengage or defuse from unhealthy thoughts such as a belief that we’re going to have a bad day, which otherwise becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy. It’s important to learn how to acknowledge that thoughts are nothing but transient, insubstantial mental phenomena, which otherwise dictate our behavior.
Video: Freedom From Oppression of the Mind (part six of series)
May 7, 2014 at 9:00 am
- Video: The Importance of Being Open and Vulnerable
- Q & A with Dr. B. – You have written about practice being a way of life—something to practice throughout the day. What are the main practices that encompass this way of life?
- Video: The Wisdom of Coach John Wooden
- Q & A with Dr. B. – Why The Focus On Practices?
- Authenticity, Transparency
- Body Centeredness
- Cancer and the Mind
- Chronic Illness and the Mind
- Gratitude and Well-Being
- In Your Own Hands
- Living by Personal Values
- Meaning and Purpose in Health
- Mindfulness Practice
- Practice is Everything
- Practice Living by Choice
- Q&A Ask Dr. B.
- Self-Efficacy and Self-Mastery
- Social Support and Contributing Member of a Community