In this video I mention one woman who died just hours after being diagnosed with very early stage breast cancer. In my book—In Your Own Hands, I provide case studies of numerous medical patients who died because of their unhealthy beliefs. Whether induced by Voodoo or by an oncologist who tells you that you only have a few months to live, if you, like so many others, go into a trance and become convinced of the truth in the prediction, you too may only have a short time to live. However, it doesn’t have to be that way. You can learn to step back from unhealthy beliefs and to disentangle or defuse from them, rendering them harmless.
Video: Your Beliefs Can Kill You!
June 2, 2015 at 9:00 am
- Video: You Are What You Practice
- Video: Meaning and Purpose to Your Life
- Video: Ships Are Safe In The Harbor But They Are Built To Sail The World
- Video: The Importance of Being Open and Vulnerable
- Q & A with Dr. B. – You have written about practice being a way of life—something to practice throughout the day. What are the main practices that encompass this way of life?
- Authenticity, Transparency
- Body Centeredness
- Cancer and the Mind
- Chronic Illness and the Mind
- Gratitude and Well-Being
- In Your Own Hands
- Living by Personal Values
- Meaning and Purpose in Health
- Mindfulness Practice
- Practice is Everything
- Practice Living by Choice
- Q&A Ask Dr. B.
- Self-Efficacy and Self-Mastery
- Social Support and Contributing Member of a Community