In Part 7, this final segment of a 7-part series, presented at Marin Center for Independent Living in 2013, we explore the healing power of meaning and purpose. One of the most healthy behaviors is to engage in an active search to find what you can do to add meaning to your life. When we act in accordance with what matters most to us in life, and in accordance with our deepest personal life values, we get to feel that our lives are worthwhile and meaningful. Consistently, in numerous epidemiological studies, the experience of living with meaning and purpose has correlated with high levels of well-being and health.
Video: Meaning and Purpose
July 17, 2013 at 9:00 am
- Video: Ships Are Safe In The Harbor But They Are Built To Sail The World
- Video: The Importance of Being Open and Vulnerable
- Video: The Wisdom of Coach John Wooden
- Q & A with Dr. B. – Why The Focus On Practices?
- Q & A with Dr. B. – Do the mindfulness practices, especially the MBEP walking practice, ever become more natural?
- Authenticity, Transparency
- Body Centeredness
- Cancer and the Mind
- Chronic Illness and the Mind
- Gratitude and Well-Being
- In Your Own Hands
- Living by Personal Values
- Meaning and Purpose in Health
- Mindfulness Practice
- Practice is Everything
- Practice Living by Choice
- Q&A Ask Dr. B.
- Self-Efficacy and Self-Mastery
- Social Support and Contributing Member of a Community