This is part one of a 7-part series presented at Marin Center for Independent Living. In this first video, the viewer is introduced to the experience of what it is like to live with a chronic illness or disability. Just the burden of trying to make sense of medical bills can be overwhelming. Even with insurance, figuring out how to pay for all the tests and procedures that insurance fails to cover can financially ruin entire families. The losses include loss of career, livelihood, relationships, community, the ability to care for one’s children, independence, bodily function, and most of the things that previously gave our lives meaning.
Video: The Challenges of Living with Chronic Medical Conditions
May 29, 2013 at 9:00 am
- Video: Meaning and Purpose to Your Life
- Q & A with Dr. B. – You have written about practice being a way of life—something to practice throughout the day. What are the main practices that encompass this way of life?
- Q & A with Dr. B. – Why The Focus On Practices?
- Q & A with Dr. B. – Do the mindfulness practices, especially the MBEP walking practice, ever become more natural?
- Authenticity, Transparency
- Body Centeredness
- Cancer and the Mind
- Chronic Illness and the Mind
- Gratitude and Well-Being
- In Your Own Hands
- Living by Personal Values
- Meaning and Purpose in Health
- Mindfulness Practice
- Practice is Everything
- Practice Living by Choice
- Q&A Ask Dr. B.
- Self-Efficacy and Self-Mastery
- Social Support and Contributing Member of a Community