It is bad for your health to go to appointments and procedures because you have to; always choose to. Have to is disempowering. Choose to is how empowered patients act, and that attitude is associated with increased wellbeing. In diagnostic and treatment procedures, less invasive alternatives are always safer. If they fail to provide good enough data, then the invasive test can be used, but only if necessary.
Video: Safety of Diagnostic and Treatment Procedures, and Being an Empowered Patient
October 29, 2014 at 9:00 am
- Video: Meaning and Purpose to Your Life
- Video: Ships Are Safe In The Harbor But They Are Built To Sail The World
- Video: The Importance of Being Open and Vulnerable
- Q & A with Dr. B. – You have written about practice being a way of life—something to practice throughout the day. What are the main practices that encompass this way of life?
- Video: The Wisdom of Coach John Wooden
- Authenticity, Transparency
- Body Centeredness
- Cancer and the Mind
- Chronic Illness and the Mind
- Gratitude and Well-Being
- In Your Own Hands
- Living by Personal Values
- Meaning and Purpose in Health
- Mindfulness Practice
- Practice is Everything
- Practice Living by Choice
- Q&A Ask Dr. B.
- Self-Efficacy and Self-Mastery
- Social Support and Contributing Member of a Community