Before any high-risk procedure or if you are not getting better, it’s important to get a second opinion from a specialist at a different institution, or from a clinician in a different specialty. Your PCP will have ideas on what specialists you can see and will give you a referral. You can discuss with your PCP the possibility of seeing a different type of specialist.
Video: Second Opinions
September 10, 2014 at 9:00 am
- Video: Meaning and Purpose to Your Life
- Video: Ships Are Safe In The Harbor But They Are Built To Sail The World
- Video: The Importance of Being Open and Vulnerable
- Q & A with Dr. B. – You have written about practice being a way of life—something to practice throughout the day. What are the main practices that encompass this way of life?
- Video: The Wisdom of Coach John Wooden
- Authenticity, Transparency
- Body Centeredness
- Cancer and the Mind
- Chronic Illness and the Mind
- Gratitude and Well-Being
- In Your Own Hands
- Living by Personal Values
- Meaning and Purpose in Health
- Mindfulness Practice
- Practice is Everything
- Practice Living by Choice
- Q&A Ask Dr. B.
- Self-Efficacy and Self-Mastery
- Social Support and Contributing Member of a Community