The terms meaning and purpose often appear together, and I would frame their relationship this way: when we act with purpose, we take actions that are important enough to lend meaning to our lives. Meaningful actions are always in accord with our personal life values, whether we value accomplishment, wellbeing, comfort and safety, healthy relationships, artistic expression, or any other quality of life. Living purposefully, engaged in an active search for meaning, is a highly beneficial mastery and wellbeing practice that can have a profound positive impact on physical and emotional health. It is particularly effective in alleviating depression.
Video: Meaning and Purpose to Your Life
January 18, 2018 at 6:00 am
- Video: You Are What You Practice
- Video: Ships Are Safe In The Harbor But They Are Built To Sail The World
- Video: The Importance of Being Open and Vulnerable
- Q & A with Dr. B. – You have written about practice being a way of life—something to practice throughout the day. What are the main practices that encompass this way of life?
- Authenticity, Transparency
- Body Centeredness
- Cancer and the Mind
- Chronic Illness and the Mind
- Gratitude and Well-Being
- In Your Own Hands
- Living by Personal Values
- Meaning and Purpose in Health
- Mindfulness Practice
- Practice is Everything
- Practice Living by Choice
- Q&A Ask Dr. B.
- Self-Efficacy and Self-Mastery
- Social Support and Contributing Member of a Community